Friday, March 02, 2007

Too Much Wallet Crap

I have a bad back. Because of this, I try to look for ways to avoid unnecessary back pain. One of the things that I have found to be helpful is not sit on my wallet as often. When I get to work, before I sit down I take my wallet out of my back pocket and set it on my desk. When I walk through the door at home, I walk over to the counter and take my wallet out. But when I am driving I generally keep my wallet in my back pocket. Because of this I am very vigilant to the size of my wallet. I have come to the conclusion that there is way too much crap in my wallet, specifically way too many cards. A big cause of this has been the reward card fad. I too a peek and found that I was carrying 5 reward cards with me at all times. A month ago I sat down and created copies of just the bar codes from these cards and consolidated them on one card that I taped to a business card to give it some substance with out adding a lot of bulk. I just discovered the Just One Card website and I think this is a great idea. I modified my printout because I still like to attach mine to a business card, and the business card is jut big enough to expand to 5 bar codes per side rather than the printed 4. I also went in and created a photocopy of my heath insurance card and AAA card. I realized that wile I wanted to have my health card with me at all times, a photocopy is actually more valuable than the original as when you go to the doctor the first thing they do is take a copy of our card. Now they can just keep my "card." Thanks to these steps I have greatly reduced the size of my wallet. Now if I can just get the bank to consolidate my Credit, Debit and Corporate Credit cards I will be set.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you worry about the silliest things...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger mhaugan said...

There is nothing silly about this. I love the feel of a much smaller wallet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home