Friday, March 30, 2007

Star Wars Stamps


Most people don't know this, but I was once an aspiring stamp collector. My Dad bought me the annual sets for years. My father-in-law is an avid stamp collector. I have kept a passing interest in stamps over the years, but I haven't been actively involved for years. These Star Wars stamps will definitely be a purchase of mine. I think I'll buy quite a few sheets of these. I need one for display in my cube at work and one for each of my girls when they grow up.

It reminded me of the fact that there is a type of stamp collecting that I would love to get involved in, and that is duck stamps. These stamps are quite beautiful, and when framed along with a lithograph of the artwork carried on the stamp, it makes a great piece of art that you can hang on the wall. It looks quite elegant and even passes the wife test as she will allow me decorate at least some of the house with these. My Great Aunt Rae (Rachel's namesake) bought quite a few of these for my Dad and Uncles, and I have one that my Dad gave to me, but I wouldn't mind dipping a toe into the collecting pool on these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home