Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Impending Beer Fest

I am quite excited about the upcoming beer festival at Tempe Town Lake. After finishing the Strong Beer Fest 2 weeks ago I really am in the mood for more tastings. The AZ Beer Fest has a list of the vendors that will be in attendance, and while I am disappointed that several local breweries appear to have opted out (I hear it is due to the fact that the festival is requiring the breweries to acquire insurance in addition to donating beer and time). While I understand the pressures the breweries are under with these festivals and I kind of feel that I am taking advantage of them, I can't let that stop me from trying out some new beers from them. I take solace in the fact that I actually do support them outside of the festivals. I buy their beer and I write reviews of their beer on this widely read blog (this is where I need some kind of confirmation, because I am relatively sure that I am the only person reading the stuff).

Anyway, I am quite interested in the Unibroue offerings. They don't bring kegs, rather cases and cases of their bottles and it is all good if you re a fan of Belgian style ales. Locally I am interested in the Prescott Brewing Funkendunkel. I make it a point to stop by Prescott Brewing every time I am in town and was on their newsletter distribution until the killed it to save costs. I am also interested in the Oak creek King Crimson. I heard some good things about this beer form the Strong Beer Fest, but didn't get a chance to try it. Look for pictures and reviews to come. I have also added a Twitter feed to my blog so expect to see some live updates from the fest itself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home